Following are my ideas for
2nd learning experience:
Aim: Students to share how they, their family and friends commemorate past events that are important to them.
- All students will share a short show and tell (using the template and photograph) about celebrating events that are important to them.
- Talk about the importance – why are these events important to them? what makes them special?
- Update calendar with IWB – events that students celebrate (i.e. use small icons to represent celebrations)
- To wrap up, thank the students for sharing their special family celebrations with the class. Conclude this learning experience by asking questions – what types of celebrations were common amongst the families of our classmates? Did you learn about any celebrations that you had not heard of before? What else would you like to learn/know?
- Remind students about the next learning experience – Multicultural Day. Free dress day – dress in their traditional clothing and bringing some food from their culture.